Stove Ignition System
(Full product design, development and manufacture)
Our client approached us with an idea they had for using super heated hot air to light a wood burning stove. Initially we were asked to come up with a number of concepts and produce a working prototype unit for testing.
After some ongoing development with our client, we were commissioned to support the design, development and manufacture of a production unit within strict commercial constraints for product costs and upfront tooling investment. This included:
- Creating detailed models and production drawings of all mechanical parts
- Overseeing the control specification and PCB design
- Producing pre-producton samples
- Supporting and conducting design validation testing (durability / environmental testing)
- Obtaining CE approvals with the relevant notified bodies
- Preparing for and winning several EU grant applications (£30,000)
- Supplying the first batch of production units (within an agreed cost targets)
The product was successfully launched in 2015 and was showcased in several industry exhibitions across Europe. Our services for this project included project management, manufacturing and product design.